Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ethnic Style--India, Morocco, Indonesia, Bali, Mexico and More



When I started importing from Indonesia, my wares seemed to confuse people. They didn’t understand them.  Within a few years, the beauty of ethnic design was starting to be appreciated by a broader market. Whenever I opened Architectural Digest, I spotted at least one piece in nearly every environment, even if it was just a statue or a coffee table. Today, with the world getting smaller and people traveling more, people are generally becoming more sophisticated. Now, the beauty of hand-made furniture and world design graces many homes.

Here I have collected examples from India, Indonesia, Morocco, Bali, Mexico, Africa and other places. In some, you see the representation of one country only. In others, a blending of countries. Some rooms mix ethnic pieces with contemporary upholstered furniture to render the room both pleasing and comfortable.  













No comments:

Post a Comment